- 1 cup Eden Valley Self-Raising Cake and Biscuit Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 185 grams butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries (or 1 cup seasonal mixed berries)
- Preheat the over to 180 degrees celsius.
- Grease a 20 cm springform cake tin.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Then stir in the ground almonds.
- Place the butter, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until the butter has melted and sugar has dissolved.
- Gradually mix the butter mixture into the flour mixture until just combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tine and evenly distribute the berries on top, pressing each berry into the batter.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle withdraws clean.
- Leave the cake in the tin and place on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. After that, remove the cake from the pan to cool completely.
- Serve with cream if desired.
Credits: Vogue Entertaining and Travel April/May 2006 issue by Jo Miller