- 500g Eden Valley Biodynamic Premium Baker’s Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 hen eggs (standard size) or 4 duck eggs
- Mix flour, salt, oil and eggs together in a food processor (or by hand) until a loose ball forms.
- Knead this mixture until it is smooth and even.
- Roll into a ball and wrap in cling film.
- Rest for 20 minutes before use.
- Cut dough into six pieces.
- Take one piece. Flatten it and feed it through a pasta machine roller on the thickest setting.
- Fold this piece in thirds, rotate 90 degrees and feed through a pasta machine roller again. Repeat this step another six times.
- When the dough is completely combined and has spread to the width of the machine, feed through the roller again, decreasing the setting each time until the desired thickness is reached.
- The dough can then be processed into various styles of pasta from ravioli to fettuccini.
- Repeat the last four steps for the other five pieces of dough.
Any unused dough can be frozen.
Credits: Dayle Lloyd