- 1 1/2 cups Eden Valley Self-Raising Cake and Biscuit Flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 1 cup biodynamic milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 125 g chopped butter
- Icing sugar and drinking chocolate for dusting
- Grease a 20cm cake pan.
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another.
- Combine both bowls with an electric mixer on low speed until evenly mixed.
- Increase speed to medium and beat until the mixture becomes smooth and changes colour.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake in an oven pre-heated to 180 degrees celsius for about 50 minutes.
- Let cake sit in the pan for 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool.
- Dust cake with the sifted icing sugar and drinking chocolate.